Dear family,
Phew, this was a big and crazy week! I did get the box of contacts and the package. I actually got it on Wednesday! I got all the ties and loved the treats (they were so yummy! :) Sounds like your busy week of canning was pretty fun! We went over to someone's house and picked a bag or two of apples and went home and juiced them. So we have some apple juiceish kinda liquid now! But good job on all your canning! That's exciting about Riley's birthday. I bet he is just all excited and ready to go and get things done! Its been nice weather here. It's been getting close to 70 or 80 everyday and people say it has been a cool summer this year. When people find out I'm from Arizona, it's pretty funny! I think that by the end part of Cctober it might be time for a winter coat. I'm not sure yet, but you can never be too ready for the winter! Of course people are feeding us. I talked some people into feeding us so now we have a full month of September and I might be able to talk some more people into signing up for October! Oh, and I went on exchanges with the zone leaders and we had dinner at the Householders. That was pretty neat! :) Too bad about the tie tack. What would be really handy would be a tie clip so my tie doesn't blow around everywhere! Some of the things that happened this week in Fremont are: we had to move Shelly's baptism date back because of her drinking coffee. I also gave my first workshop in district meeting and I think I did good because everyone took lots of notes and told me good job, so hopefully they learned something good. We also went to Kirtland again on Saturday which was really fun, but an adventure on our way there because we were in the Ohio State traffic going through Cleveland for their game! We were like 2 hours late to Kirtland that day. It was ok because everyone had a great time and loved it so much and the spirit was so strong there. We think our investigators loved it a lot! We spent pretty much the whole day there and it was really fun! I even got some better pictures of the Kirtland Temple this time! On Sunday, Gordan passed the sacrament for the first time, which was really neat and he loved doing it and so that was really special! Also we had 4 investigators to church that day so we are doing good! But we dont hold the record anymore. The Tiffin elders got 5 to church :( Oh well, but I am the only elder in our district that is under 200 pounds! :) We also drove out to this town to give this lady a blessing which was really neat. She was from Seattle and they were out here on vacation and she has spent the last few days in the hospital so she called some people and they called us and we came out and helped her. Oh, and my bike gears broke so they had to take it back to the bike shop and get it fixed! I can do a front wheel wheelie and a bunny hop on my bike! :) See how much im learning on my mission! haha! We also had to go to this lady's house and empty her garbage. That was pretty weird, but ok I guess. Also, we found a new family that we are teaching and we have Bob's baptism this week! And he asked me if I would baptize him! That's pretty exciting and intense! Oh,and transfers are next Wednesday! I hope I stay here! But you never know. My little buddy Alexa is funny; she runs into church and is like, "Hi Elder" and shakes my hand! Its pretty cute! And Jade, Shelly's granddaughter is coming to church now. She is 5 and my companion is always doing the make the pen disappear trick and she loves it everytime! But we have had some pretty interesting times this week. We were walking home one night and these people were like, "I'm glad we are Catholic so we don't have to walk." It made me laugh because our car is so much nicer than their old beat up truck they were standing by. So I just laughed and kept going. We also have been teaching lots of lessons and keeping up the work here in Fremont! I think that is pretty much all for this week. Well keep doing good and praying and reading your scriptures! I love and miss you guys! Choose the right! :)
Love, Elder Price
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment