Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29, 2009

Dear Family,
Hey all, how is it going! Well first news first. I'm getting transferred. I packed all my bags this morning and tonight I'll finish them tomorrow morning. I'll be going to Kirtland to find my new area then going to meet my new companion. This letter might be kinda short because my fingers are cold. Its 52 degrees right now. This week on Sunday I got to baptize Bob! It was way fun and really spiritual. I had a great time doing it and I didn't mess up! It was also really cool because it was fast Sunday and he bore his testimony and I was so happy for him and how far he has come along and ya its just great! We also had a baby blessing that day too so it was a really good day! Today is actually the first day it was chilly and yesterday I was in Norwalk all day and it was kinda windy but I had my suit so it worked out good! It's kinda getting easier to teach lessons but its still kinda stressful but I'm working on it. Our ward mission leader was Brother Hayward but I'll be getting a new one. Shelly is doing good but she wanted me to baptize her and said I can't leave. We are going to tell her tonight, she probably is going to cry and tell me not to leave. I haven't been helping out at church as much; normally everyone comes. At the Kirtland Visitor Center they show the big long movie an hour long and they also have another one they do. They also give tours around the area with the homes and everything there. At church we usually sit by Bob and Shelly and Zack. Everyone else has someone they sit with. It's going to be hard to leave; I don't want to but also I will be doing good in a new area, I hope. My companion is staying here and training so we actually got the area all built up for a new missionary! That should be fun for him! Most of our investigators come from us finding them and so we are doing most of the finding right now. But we had a lesson on members finding people, so hopefully it will pick up on member referrals. I wore my glasses to church one Sunday and everyone was like whoa you look so sophisticated. It was funny. Also I helped Tom Mathers, one of our coolest members, set up his Facebook account. My favorite scripture is D&C 6:36 and my favorite song would maybe be "If You Could Hie to Kolob" or "Praise to the Man". The baptism went great; we had Elder Lambson play a musical number and everything went great and I didnt mess up!
Everyone in Ohio has geese in their front yard just sitting there. I don't know why yet, but next time I'm asking them! Also, we set another baptism date with someone so now we have a total of 6, but I'll be leaving. :( But at least we are getting the work done! I also went and mowed Brother Mathers' yard (which is huge!!) with his riding lawn mower. That was pretty fun. I had a good time but he is so cool. He is always feeding us! Oh, we also bought Bob a quad. We ordered it from the church (well we gave a member money and told him to buy it). We gave it to him and he was just so happy he almost started crying! He told us he would cherish it forever and would always use it and take good care of it! It was really sweet. The spirit was really strong there when we gave it to him and he was just so excited and so full of joy. He said it was the best gift he has ever received! It was great! Then another day we were visiting a member/recent convert and we were talking to her and she told us when we are married in 5 years to come back to visit her. She said we might have kids by then and she looked at me and told me I was going to have a little girl first and she will have brown curly hair like mine! I told her I would come visit her! Another day we were walking down the street and we saw these peppers in this garden. This lady pulled up into her garage and Elder Strong asked what kind of peppers they were. She said she didn't know but it was her salsa garden and Elder Strong was like "I love salsa!" Well she was like "oh you do? I'll get you some" and ran inside and gave us two jars of homemade salsa from her garden! It was funny because we didn't even know her! I didn't get to have any because we just bought chips and now I'm being transferred! So much for all the food I'm leaving behind! Aall my corndogs and drinks! Also, this one guy we are teaching thinks it's so cool I'm from Arizona and we always talk about it! He also told me that for about 3 months in the winter we don't see the sun, only clouds. And that it gets really depressing and I'm lucky to be in Arizona to see the sun everyday! It was interesting to know that I probably won't see the sun again for a while because its been cloudy for 2 days now. Fall is starting! Oh, and we went to our branch president's house for dinner the other day and they fed us Costa Vida meat with chips and salad! She went to Utah once and ate there and her sister gave her the recipe. It was yummy! Oh and something funny is Shelly's daughter "asked out" my companion on a date to this haunted mansion called The Hydro. It's supposed to be the best in the U.S. and it's here in Fremont. It's pretty funny actually; but he was like "uhh.." Poor guy. Also, did you know on Heinz ketchup if it has a "fr" on the lid by the expiration date, it means it was made here in Fremont? Just a little cool thing. Most of the ketchup is made here! Also, I taught Bob's dog how to do some tricks. I taught him how to do a hi five! He stands up on his back legs and then reaches out and gives me hi five! Its pretty cool! The other day during a lesson someone brought up Kolob! My first time someone has done that! They said the only thing they get or understand about our religion is Kolob! Then he stopped talking about it. It was a really weird lesson. But it still went ok I think. Since my companion is training, we didn't have district meeting the other day, so we joked about going to Cedar Point which is the biggest roller coaster park in the U.S. (I think?) All day in Norwalk we worked hard and we found two families for them! that was cool! We went to eat dinner with Brother Mathers last night and he took us to a chinese restaurant. When we read our fortunes his said something about you will change your line of work and he read it and looked up and was like uh oh! And my companion wouldn't stop laughing and he was like guess I need to start finding a new job? Haha, it was really funny! That's all that happened this week and I hope you guys are having fun. I think I'm doing good because everyone I talked to so far has said they are going to miss me a lot and I was a good missionary! I'm even Brother Mathers' favorite!: ) Oh and this is a picture of us at a members home(they are gothic) but its pretty fun! Well love and miss you guys lots and I'll talk to ya next week!
Love ya lots, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment