Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12th

Dear Family,

We had a good week! The family that we are teaching is named the Sulsers. It is still going good with them! The daughter is reading the Book of Mormon and is noticing how much of a difference it is making in her life and how she has a lot better of a day when she reads from it. So we are pretty excited! We need to work on the dad waking up on time so that they can come to church. It's such nice weather out here right now! Well, it was, but the last few days have been pretty chilly. We had a zone conference. We had one lady that did it all by herself because the youth that were supposed to help her didn't show up. She did an awesome job and we had hawaiian haystacks! Yummy! Yes, we have a zone conference once a transfer and president and his wife speak and so do the some of the office people on things that are going on and then we also have the zone leaders and assistants talk to us. Then we have a Zone Development meeting once a transfer where the zone leaders talk to us and so does one other missionary. Then we have a district meeting where its just the members of our district that talk and tell us stuff and those are on the weeks that there isn't a zone conference or ZDM. That is pretty much how things work here, and president does interviews on a different week whenever he can make it out here.
I gave a talk in church. It was pretty funny. I basically was called out of the congregation and was asked to speak! I messed up on a few things but I was like "hey that's what repentance is for." It made people laugh. I told them I was on my mission for 20 months and I was like, "wait, no that's how old I am!" But later a bunch of people told me that I did good and it made them laugh. So hopefully the spirit did more of the talking than I did! That was pretty much our week though. It was kind of a slow one but hopefully next week will be better! Just as soon as I can get my companion to like tracting so we can find people. Wish me luck! Things are going good! Oh, and the other day at church one of the members said they didn't want to be known as the outerdarkness branch and they wanted to help out the missionaries! That would be good! Hope you guys have a great week! Love you and miss you!

Love, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment