It's going pretty good here in New Castle, other than the library was closed for Martin Luther King Day so we weren't able to email on Monday. We haven't had any other car difficulties and got our car back on Tuesday. Youngstown is a 45 min drive from us and the Dinsio-Millers live in Poland, which is 20 mins from Youngstown. Yes, they are a great family. They gave us 6 bags of groceries the other day! I guess we don't need to go shopping after all! It's cool to see the Lord bless you when you work hard for him and his work! We normally go to Youngstown about 1 time a week for district meeting. The zone leaders live there, Elder Foltz and Elder Hoggan. It rained all day Sunday and melted all the snow and was like 40 degrees and so now its like spring time. But it should snow again today. Yes, walking around the mall was weird and people kept looking at us funny, but it was fun at the same time! Yes, you would think that people knew what missionaries look like and not call cops on us. But they did after they found out who we were. They were like "oh..." and the cops still had to run the names anyways; we were laughing with them about it at the end!
We had 4 people come to church but not all of them were the ones we were planning on. We had Delaney, Nick, Ann, a part member family that we gave her a blessing on Thursday and she got better and was so excited she came to church. She said we sure knew how to give a blessing! It was pretty neat! Also, we had Joe come to church, who is as old as me, and in 2 weeks he read all of First Nephi and half of Second Nephi two times! We were like, "whoa Joe, slow down!" He is really learning and thinks that it could be true! You would think that we could find more people to teach but no one even wants to talk with us; they are just like "no thanks" or "I already know all about Jesus!" It's weird, but the other day we were tracting and on the last house (it always seems like this is what happens so why don't we just start with the last house?) we met a lady who let us in and we taught her and we are going back next week to meet with her again!
No, sorry, I never got the card that Terese sent :( I'm guessing mabye it is just lost? So this week we made Brother Shaffer a snowman that was really big but the rain and warm weather melted him.. :( Also, we are giving service now at a nursing home and we help them play bingo! It's super funny. There is this one old lady who she sees us and is like "I like you!" And then there is this 101 year old lady who broke her leg sitting down to hard! We were playing bingo and the number is I-9, and she says, "I-29?" and I say "No, I-9" and she responds "I-39?" and I keep repeating, "No, I-9" and she says "I can't find it" and I tell her "you don't have it." "Oh" she says. Or, I tell her she has bingo and she says, "I won, I won!! BINGO! Tell my daughter I won!" She is super funny! We are also starting this "Operation Beautification" which my companion is trying to look good before he goes home in six months and let's just say the Lunnens are not helping at all; they gave us this bag of candy and rice cakes and were like "I'll let you guess whose is whose". And they are going to feed us next week. Oh boy, I'm probably going to get so fat from this! But it's fun and we are doing good things this week. We have zone conference, so that will be great. And we have a lot of people we are going to stop by and try to share the message with them and get them interested! Well I need to get going but I hope all you guys are doing good and being safe! Say your prayers! Love and miss you guys! Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment