Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24th

Hello family,
Hey, it sounds like you guys had a fun week! I bet the Gila Valley Temple was really good. Temples are awesome, I miss them! That's cool that everyone was able to go to it! So this week has been pretty rainy and in some of the towns and some of the roads were flooded! It was pretty cool! We even had zone conference on Tuesday, which was a really sweet spiritual conference! We learned a lot about how we can double the baptisms in our area! It was really neat stuff and it works really good when you and your companion work together. I think my companion is really discouraged because Cecelia isn't coming to church and she says she does but doesn't. Her siblings say that she doesn't want to come to church anymore and her mom says that she doesn't like some things that we teach and doesn't agree but she tells us that she wants to come and that everything is perfect. Its frustrating. On Tuesday, I finally got my heritage tie that gets passed down from your trainer! Elder Heyland was at zone conference so that was really fun; he is really cool! haha...he had a 3 piece suit that he was wearing, it made me laugh! But I do have some more good news. There is a dentist in our branch and he said that we need to come in and get a free cleaning! :) So maybe Tuesday I'll go do that. And the other day while we were walking down the road I went to give a card to a lady walking and she was like "are you from Utah?" and I laughed and said "n"o and my companion was like "I am!!" It was pretty funny. She had lots of family and stuff out there in Utah so we talked to her for a while, but nothing really happened. We even tried to talk to this one lady walking down the road and she held up a book and said she was going to prayer meeting and then ran passed us! It was pretty funny! We also went to visit this old lady in the nursing home and we were like "hi! we are friends of Dale and Candy and they told us to stop in so we are saying hi", and she looks at us and is like "oh hi" and then closes her eyes and goes to sleep! It made us laugh! Oh and something else to make you guys laugh is I hit a skunk Friday night! I was driving and I see this black thing run out in front of me and I thought it was a racoon but then I saw a white stripe and I was like "ahhh skunk" and started swerving trying to miss it but it ran under my tire! Then we tried to drive away fast but there was a semi in front of us just sitting there. The good news is that our car only had a little bit of a stink for 2 days and then it was all better! :) But ya, I thought you might like that! A little humor! Oh and im getting good at cooking! I made waffles and even chocolate chip waffles and I can make some good brownies! Also, on Friday we got to shampoo carpet which was actually pretty fun!

I had a pretty cool experience in Gosepl Doctrine on Sunday. We were learning about Joshua and I was just kinda reading the scriptures and such and then this less active member raised his hand and asked if Joshua had the priesthood. He said Joshua was just a leader but not a spiritual leader and that he didn't have the priesthood, so he wasn't a prophet (and all this stuff). The coolest thing was that the scripture that I was reading happened to not be in the lesson but in it it told that Joshua did have the priesthood, so I was able to help the teacher out! It was pretty cool that the Lord pointed out a scripture to me that I could use later to help out everyone in the class! Well I think that is pretty much it. I attached a few pictures, hope you like them. Well, hope everything is going well and hope you know I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you! Love you and talk to you next week!
Love, Elder Price

P.S. I also hit a bird on Sunday morning too :) haha



this is the t-shirt that Jimmy designed (nice job, Jimmy!)


Ohio sure is green!

No comments:

Post a Comment