Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010

Hey family,
Well this week was pretty good. I only ran over a squirrel once! :) A funny story...we needed to go into the store for something real fast and we walked in the doors and this little boy looks at us and said "hey, you're really handsome!" haha. I smiled and said thanks but I think his parents might have been a little embarrassed? He might have been 5. It was really funny though, it made me smile! I got a little sunburned the other day, so now I have funny tan lines at my elbows so when I wear a normal shirt it looks kinda funny! It has been really hot here the last couple of days! Sometimes it gets really humid and is just really hot and miserable! Also, people don't like to talk to us so we get nice tans. Wasn't dad's mission president's name something like Kuccuci or something weird like that? Because if so, then he is our area authority! I think that's pretty cool that dad's mission president is my area authority in my mission! The other day I felt really cool because we were over with the other missionaries and it was really hot and the a/c was on and we couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. So I went over there and looked at it and I said that it was frozen and just needs to thaw out a little bit and then it will work like new again! Well a lot of hours later... actually over night it thawed and now it works good! Dad has taught me so many cool things that you think you might not really need but really can come in handy sometimes! I'm so thankful for Dad and all that he has taught me! (even the stuff he thinks I wasn't paying attention to! For Memorial Day, we went to Toledo and went to the mall! It was really big and we had lots of fun and we helped everyone gets some good clothes and such. We also played a lot of basketball and volleyball with the other missionaries! It was a really fun day!
Well, Cecelia? We really don't know about her. We haven't been able to talk to her in awhile so we dont know what is going on but we are going to try and figure it out this week. We haven't been back to visit Jennifer either. We are eating with the Opydykes on Wednesday and she is a really good cook so we are kinda excited! I haven't really seen any really big bugs or anything like that yet. But I do know that we get lightning bugs! And they are really cool! No, I haven't eaten anything strange recently, I've been doing good on that! haha I'm actually with my district leader right now so it's pretty fun! The bike is going good. We haven't ridden in a while though because my companion's bike is kinda broken so we have been driving our car around. Yes, I am almost up at my year mark! Its crazy how fast time has been flying by! Sometimes it's rough when your companion doesn't like to work. But I have been recognizing how the spirit can whisper, sometimes even the simplest things to you to help out with stuff and he always turns out to be right. So when he says something, it's best to just listen to him! Well I need to go but I hope everything is going fine out there and you guys had a great Memorial Day! On Sunday we learned that church welfare is up 60% and food storage purchases are down 40% and the last 75 years they have been telling us to get food storage. We also learned that the food reserves of the united states are really low and might be out and that last year there was a really bad corn and wheat crop. It might be a good idea for everyone to see how they are doing on their food storage! You never know when you might need it. Well love you guys and hope everything is going good!
Elder Price

P.S. On Sunday we went to a part member's house for dinner. The guy was a professional photographer and took a few pictures of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment