Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Family,
Yes, I'm feeling better, just a little runny nose. It's a good thing because I had to give a talk in church on Sunday on the Holy Ghost. The 2 people that went before me took up all the time so I had about 4 mins for my talk! No, I'm not exaggerating about not having any dinner appointments. We didn't have any meals last week except when someone took us out to lunch. We have one meal the rest on the month, next Sunday! Everyone in the ward will come up and say "are you the West Cleveland missionaries?" and then they said "oh we are sorry but you are going to starve!" because really no one lives in our area! The missionary couple, Elder and Sister Birkeland, the one in charge of the vehicles and the apartments and work in the mission office, they saw we didn't have any meals and that our Sunday dinner cancelled so they took us home and fed us! They are so nice and sweet!

Our week went pretty well. Brother Davis took us out to lunch one day, as well as our ward mission leader. And we went around and tried to visit people but lots of people weren't home! We met with the Mulhollands and set a baptism date with all of them for March 12th! They are really excited for it. They are a big family so we are really excited about that too! We had awesome lessons with them and things but still a lot of people were sick. We were able to meet with Rick Burgess too. His son, who is like 2 years old, walked in and held up his arms and came running over to us to shake our hands! It was really funny!

When we were teaching the Mulhollands and committed the family to be baptized, the dad looks at us and says "well I'm the man of the house, king of the castle, so I should probably be on board with the rest of my family!" It was really good and then we had him pray and his 9 year old daughter helped him out! She is so smart and just soaks up everything we say and was able to help her dad pray! Also, the 14 year old read the first chapter of Nephi to her younger brothers and sister! It's pretty sweet, they are a great family!

Something cool is that I was reading how everything in life can be put into 3 categories, everything that holds us back or weighs us down: death, sin, and weakness(common things of life not related to sin like sickness, depression, loss of employment) and then the savior has overcome all those things. 1 Cor 15:22 for death; Matt 1:21 for sin; and Ether 12:27 for weakness. And then more scriptures are Luke 1:46-47, Luke 1:30,37, John 16:33 and as we fear not D&C 68:6 and put our trust in the Lord for he has overcome the world and will help us when we need it most. Matt 11:28-30. No matter what in life we are having a hard time with the savior can help us! :) That's something cool I learned last week! And then a cool thing that happened was I lost my name tag and I didn't know where it went and I was kinda upset because I haven't lost one my whole mission. So I said a little prayer and then when we came back to our apartment that night my name tag was clipped up to the picture of Jesus that we have on our door! :) So that was something really neat or a cool little miracle that happened to me this week! Well I need to get going but I love you guys and hope all is well!! :) Keep up the good work!
Love, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment