I've been doing good and this week has just been a long crazy week! We had transfers on Wednesday and so we spent the whole day in Findlay waiting for our companions to get back. It was me and Elder Postak, Elder Fronk and Elder Picket (see picture). Our companions didn't get back until like almost 6 and its an hour drive back to Fremont and we didn't get there til 7. I had the scripture study lesson and didn't have anything prepared so I basically bore my testimony about the Atonement for about an hour. I was winging it so bad. Good thing that the spirit was there to help me. Also, on Sunday we set a baptism date with this guy named Zack, so now we have 4 dates and 2 baptisms! We are just cruising in this area. My new companion is Elder Strong (8 months) is from Orem, Utah. We are creating a new game plan and are going to just hit the ground running and take care of business! haha :) My new companion has a gps. Oh my goodness, they were invented for missionaries! They are such a great help and a great tool for us! My old companion got the poison ivy before I came out because it takes a few weeks for it to develop on your skin. Our Mission President is such a great guy. He is always doing such great things. Kirtland is about 2 or more hours away I think. It's a long drive! But it's a great place to go! I haven't been to the mission home yet. We go through about 1150 miles a month but this month we drove an hour to Sandusky and its about an hour to Findlay and 30 mins to Tiffin and about 2 or more hours to Kirtland. We don't drive to Kirtland we have to get rides with members. The teaching to Bob is going so good. He is always so happy and can tell that the gospel is changing his life. He is such a great guy! I'll have to ask him about his military stuff and see about it. Shelly is also doing really good she told us yesterday that she can tell from a picture we took with her that she is happy and she hasn't been happy in a long time and that she is finally finding that peace and joy in her life that she didn't know was there. That made us so happy. We were like, ya Shelly that is the gospel! That's what it can do for you in your life! Gordan is getting the priesthood on Sunday! That is really neat and exciting! Oh, Bob has a pet snake that we might get a picture with sometime; its a boa and 8 feet long! Haha, scary! Well I'm glad that the family is enjoying reading my letters! I feel bad because I don't have enough time to write everyone back that writes me. Gosh, being a missionary is busy work! I've been learing alot while I have been out here. Of course I'm being safe! Yesterday we stopped by this guy who was an investigator a long time ago and he said his back hurt and we asked him if he would like a blessing and he was like sure wouldn't hurt. I gave it to him and I wonder what he thought about it because if you aren't a member of the church, wouldn't a blessing just be really weird? Even Max is praying for me, huh? That's really sweet of him. You guys are in my prayers too! Have another great week and be good and read your scriptures! Love you lots!
Elder Price
P.S. The picture is us in the hospital with my companion; and me and Gordan at the
temple; and us waiting for our companions! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment