Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 16, 2009

Hello all!
Wow, this week has been a crazy week! First off, this might be a short email because its transfers tomorrow (Tuesday) which is why p-day is on Tuesday this week. Every 6 weeks we have transfers where we might or might not get sent to a different place. So they have p-day on Tuesday so we can get everything all ready to go and not take a day off from working. So, last Monday after I sent you the email we went back home and we waited for a phone call from our companions telling us when we were going to switch back. We got a call from Elder Fronk who asked me if I knew how to get to the hospital? My companion had this really bad rash on his leg for a week or 2 and had tests done on it before we switched companions. I found out he was in the hospital and I was like "what?! What is wrong!" Haha. Well they thought he had a staff infection and some other weird skin thing and so they kept him in the hospital over night and gave him an iv and couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. That was hard because I had to go do all the work in Fremont with the other companion while he stayed in the hospital with the other other companion. But what is really cool is that the mission pres and his wife drove down just to see us and took us out for ice cream. They drove a couple hours to visit us for a little then drove back. I thought that was so nice of them. Well then after he was able to go home they gave him 3 different prescriptions to take and they still didn't know what was wrong with him. Well we went to a dermatologist and in 5 mins he looked at it said, "yup its poison ivy and stop taking those pills they told you to and take this one". In one day of taking the new medicine it is almost all better. Its so funny that the doctors didn't know what he had. But it was a fun experience and I had to really be on my own without my trainer and be the one in charge of everything. We found out last night he is getting transferred and ya I'm in charge of the area now and I have no idea what I'm doing (well, I have some idea). But I'm really being prepared for something and being thrown into the fire! I have been pretty busy too especially with transfers tomorrow! Oh and I have been having to drive so much like hours at a time! I had to drive my companion up to the dermatologist and then also to Findlay for a meeting. Then on Sunday night at 10:20 I drove an hour to Findlay because we got to spend the night there. :) Our car needed the gas tank replaced and our appt was at 8 am and its an hour drive, so the mission president said we could spend the night there. That was really fun! That morning we went and worked/service in this huge big garden which was fun. There was a ton of food! I traveled to Kirtland the other day with Gordan which was really fun and we watched the restoration video that is amazing! The spirit was so strong and he started bearing testimony to us. After we watched it and we were like, "go Gordan". That was really neat and a special day. I also saw some missionaries that came out with me there. It was weird, but normal I guess because they are the tour guides there. But still, it was like whoa, hey I know you. We tell investigators all the time, that we love questions. :) Oh, I had tons of sweets to eat which were so yummy and I enjoyed them alot. We met this lady who said she knew a missionary whose last name was Wright and she said I looked kinda familiar. I was wondering if we had any relatives on the Wright side who were in Ohio 15 years ago? The guy who wants to be baptized is Bob Trimner. He also said he was at Camp Pendleton. Maybe we know him? He is so excited and we keep leaving him scriptures to read and he just like feasts on them. He has 2 pages in a notebook. He wrote notes about just the first 5 chapters of 1 Nephi! He is going along great. The relief society pres even thought he was a member the first time she met him, she said he was acting like a member even using the brother and sister part and acted like he was just visiting from another ward. The Lutheran church thing went good. They said he just talked about Mormonism and talked about how they were the great and abobidale church and we don't believe in filthy lucer(being paid to preach) or however you spell it and called them to repentance! Haha, just kidding! They didn't do that but they did talk to them alot and they told me that they just answered alot of questions about themselves and gave the first lesson. Frog legs actually taste like a cheap rubbery chicken taste. Ya, it was weird! We mostly just ate a little bite so we could say that we had frog legs. The more we read from the Book of Mormon, the closer we will come unto Christ. And the more our lives are centered around Him the more joy we will have. The foundation our families can center around and be steadfast and immovable and have the closeness and a strong family unit. Families are very important and they last forever. We need to get along now or its going to be a long eternity. ;) With the gospel in our lives it is like a road map that can tell us where to go. If we don't know where we are going it almost makes the trip worthless. I'm so grateful that I have that roadmap so I'm able to know what to do and how to be able to gain eternal life and live with our family together up in heaven with our Heavenly Father. Well I better be going but I love you lots and miss you tons. Take care and choose the right! Lots of love,
Elder Price

P.S.
We met this black boxer guy who wants to learn more about the gospel. He is 22 and pretty funny. He thought we were Jehova Witnesses and was like "if I can't have Christmas I don't want to hear it". We told him that we love Christmas. He was like, "oh do you? Sweet I like you already!" And the other day when we went to our district meeting our zone leaders where there along with someone else who needed their car fixed so we went to lunch at Applebees. It was probably funny...10 people all dressed up funny and had name tags and 8 said elder on them. This guy walks up and is like, "Elder.. Ralphs and Elder.. Jensen. Do all you have the first name elder?" Haha, that was funny. Also, we all got water exept one who got pop and we all had separate checks and we all paid with the same kinda credit card! I bet our waitress was like these are some weird people! It was yummy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment