I did get that box that you sent and the pictures and the brownies they are so yummy! Its funny because I got two boxes on the same day and the other from grandma was full of sweets which was so yummy. I've been having brownies and cookies so often, its so good. Tell grandma thanks and I'm going to try and get letters written out to everyone today but its hard because my companion doesn't like writing letters, he likes playing basketball. I did love receiving the goodies! Its been so hot here. Yesterday it was like 96 degrees and it was like almost 100% humidity. It was so horrible and we were tracting the whole time and my companion and I were like ahh this is horrible. About the gps...my companion hates spending money. He hardly ever eats food and when he does he eats a sandwhich he makes and is always buying the cheap stuff. Also, some other elders where telling me how helpfull it is and how they don't know how to get along with out it. We keep getting lost because our maps aren't right and are hard to find where someone lives. haha. You should look at the streets of Fremont. They are all weird and not straight! Its not very fun. Oh, and I got my driving privileges. I can now drive a mission car. Its pretty cool because you usually don't get that until the second transfer or later. so I'm feeling pretty special. Leonardo actually wasn't home but he came to church and we are going to try again. The new neighbors we haven't seen them since that first day so I don't know what we are doing. We have been super busy this last week. We actually have a new investigator who is begging to be baptized. Its so cool. We met with him and he is like I need Christ in my life and I know you guys are helping me find Him in my life (and all this stuff). We were like, whoa, well cool. We have been teaching him everyday and he is doing good. I gave him a copy of the Living Christ and he framed it and put it on his wall and told me that its a reminder that he is pointing his life in a new direction and he thanked us so much for coming into his life. He is a great guy. We actually found him riding his bike and gave him a pass along card and he called it and we gave him Finding Faith in Christ and he was just so overwhelmed by it. Its so cool to see how the Lord works to prepare people for the gospel. Its really neat. I actually won't learn about Grace Lutheran until today because we went on a companion exchange. I am in Tiffin for yesterday and today. Both of us are greenies who came out on the same day to the mission. Its pretty interesting. Haha. We actually have learned a lot from each other and we had frog legs for dinner at a members house. It was super funny. But ya, now I can say I have eaten frog legs. But so here is our greenie story. We got a bunch of pass along cards and went out tracting and it was so hot(yesterday) and we were just not liking the heat but we were tracting faithfully handing out cards and putting them on doors and doing stuff. Well about an hour of this tracting we went to put a card on the door and we noticed that it was in Spanish. Then we looked at all our cards and they were in Spanish. We had been passing out Spanish cards to everyone for the last hour. Haha kinda embarrasing. What do you expect when you have 2 missionaries who have only been out for 4 weeks. :) I've only meet 2 Jehovah Witnesses but it was in their homes. They are local people I think and they are always in 2's and alot of people think we are them. But we aren't. We say, "no we are the Mormons" and they are like, "your what?" Then we tell them. :) I actuallly have been a part of teaching every lesson. Its been interesting. Some have been fun and some have been pretty weird or awkward. Oh, and by the way, Gordan is like on fire. He is just doing everything he can to help the church and he is pretty much on fire; always happy and you can tell that the gospel has blessed his life so much. Ya, I always lead music but we always sing without a piano and I don't know any songs. We also had to teach a gospel principle's class. Its funny to be a missionary and always be teaching. That's really cool about dad in Vermont. Did he stop in Kirtland too? That's a sweet place. :) Close too. We also were talking to this lady here and she lives in the house that Oliver Cowdry lived in after the saints moved to Utah. Then he moved to Utah and they live in his house. Its pretty neat because most of it is original. Its been really amazing up here so far and I've been learning lots, especially when me and Elder Fronk had to be by ourselves and didn't really know anything. Its fun and so far the total for the mission is 2 baptized and we have 3 dates and we are still going strong. Missionary work can be fun when you do it right and have a good attitude about it and when you see it blessing someone's life. It is great. Well I need to get going but tell everyone I said hi. And tell grandma thanks so much for the goodies. I really enjoyed them and they are yummy. Well I think that is pretty much everything that has been happening this week...lots of lessons and teaching and we have been busy busy. I'll try hard to write letters today because I'm with a different companion so it might work, but I'll try hard to get them done. Thanks so much for everything and I'll write again next week. Love you lots and keep strong in the faith. Read your scriptures. There is great power in them. They come alive all the time. Oh, and I taught the scripture study class on the restoration and how the Lord's church when he set it up is the same as it is now and you can find the apostles the seventy the 7 presidents of the seventy and all that fun stuff in the Bible. Its really funny how alot of people don't even know that Christ set up a church. Oh and real fast, I just remembered we were teaching this less active guy and we were talking about the pre-earth life and we read Jerm. 1:5 and he told us that he really believes that he has been called as a prophet and the Lord is teaching him things he needs to learn so he can teach people. Its kinda funny he also believes that the Aaronic priesthood is the higher and that man can only have that priesthood and he can use it to bless people. We are trying really hard to straighten out what he
believes and try and teach him truth. Some people are just so confused. We are so blessed in our lives to know the truth and have a living prophet that can lead and guide us today. Love you lots and miss you tons! Well write again soon!
~Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment