Hey all!
So this week was pretty fun. It was Columbus Day and on Monday so we didn't get to email; so we are doing it today! But ya, there is a lot of trees changing colors and it's 39 degrees right now!! So I wouldn't mind if you send out some things! Thanks for the package and for the letter about New Castle! And also, we do have a Walmart that is close. Its like 7 miles away that we go to every week for stuff! Penn is pretty cool. It's got so many hills we have to use the Malibu (you can have the Malibu or Toyota Corolla) because there are so many hills. We need all the extra horses we can spare; they are huge!! haha. But it's fun. We drive the car almost everywhere! Oh and I found out that starting Nov 1 I can't drive because I'm from Arizona and haven't driven in the snow. My companion is pretty upset; so I'm driving until Nov now! haha. Also, the branch is smaller a little but they are still good. There are some colorful people though so it makes it interesting! No, our apartment isn't as nice as Fremont but haha it has 2 cold rooms and 2 warm rooms and the cold ones are the study and the bedroom! So we have the heater going! The
nearest missionaries to us in our mission are in Youngstown. So last week we went there for p-day so we could hang out with them. Otherwise, we just stay in New Castle and do stuff. My companion is from Layton, Utah. Some cool things that have happened this week are that we taught the word of wisdom on a door step and the guy was like "uh, ya sure I could do that. That makes sense. I'll live it!" It was pretty sweet! Also, we are teaching this family, the Shaffers, and they have this little girl named Kaylee that is really cute and turning two this week. She just loves us! haha. She tries to share her food with me. And the last two times we were over there, I read her some of her books to her! It's pretty cute and she is so nice! Also, we were out visiting this less active member and it was 8 pm so it was really dark and there was no porch light on. We knocked on the door and this girl (like 17) comes to the door and starts walking out and looks up and sees us and screams super loud!! For some reason she didn't hear us knocking two seconds before she walked out and so two men in black probably scared her pretty bad! It was super funny! Also, this week we gave service at a place where we are building a house, which is really fun! We "moved mountains". We put dirt from a pile into a trench and there was like 4 inches of mud! Ya, that was an interesting time! Oh, and when I went to church it was 42 degrees. I was like "ahh what is with this cold weather so soon!" But it was good! Sometime during that day I got dog poop on my shoes and it made the car stinky! Eww!! But it was later at night so it wasn't that bad. We also had a huge dinner with the Federkiles, a super nice active family in the branch, who all their kids are like getting married or married this year. Its weird when they are not that much older than I am! So that's pretty much what has been happening this week! Thank you so much for sending out some warm clothes for me! I hope you guys are doing really good and staying strong! Remember to read the scriptures always! :) Love you and miss you lots!
Elder Price
P.S. tell Mark and Lori thanks for the letter they sent me! I love the picture, it's great! :)
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment