Dear Famliy,
Haha, ya I'm all the way in Penn. It's pretty funny, we are the only missionaries in Penn. that are from Ohio! So we are all alone and off by ourselves really. We go to a branch and I hear i'ts really small. So I got a call one morning and Sister Gibbs was like, "so Elder Price are you cold?" And I was thinking, well if I go to the study room I am. Why? And then she told me that you called and were sending me a coat! That was so nice of you! I like the gloves too and those cool head thingys! :) It's been about 54 degrees everyday and it rained all day. But it's ok. We wear our suits all the time now so I have a little coat on underneath it. Its kinda funny that it's so warm there in Arizona and here in Penn.(it's weird not to say Onio) it's like 50 all the time. So anyways, my new companion is Elder Hamilton and he is a great guy he has been out about 16 months and we have been gettting along great! He is an awesome companion! We already set 2 baptism dates my first two days here!
New Castle is a pretty cool place and it's a little bigger than Fremont. I also heard that it was formed from the mafia, so that's pretty interesting. We still have our car because there are a lot of hills! They are everywhere! The apartment..well it's a little...ya, it's not the worst but we don't even have a dryer. We have to hang our clothes on the clothing line in our living room! But we are in the back part of the house. In Penn and Ohio, people split up a house and seal them off then rent off the other half to someone. That's what we are doing here. In Fremont we were the upper half and in New Castle we are the back half. Well, about the healthy part...haha I was sick the last two days with a bad runny nose and all congested and my companion still is (I'm better now). We think it might have something to do with our apartment so we are going to call and see if we can get anything done. But don't worry! Hopefullly Fremont misses me but we could always go back and visit! The Articles of Faith are really helpfull and they are great things to know and use. We actually use them sometimes. Yes, Brother Mathers was the guy in our branch that always fed us like all the time and was a great guy! It doesn't matter what service you give but as long as you are giving service you are serving God and obeying what he told us to do. We can find great happiness in our lives from that. Just like what we learned in conference. Ya, Cedar Point was really close to Fremont so was the place where they filmed Tommy Boy! But don't worry, I'm staying warm and my companion is a great guy and we get along really good together and we are going to build up this area from a dead area to a great one. Maybe even a ward? There was talk of shutting down the branch? Oh well, we will find out someday I guess? So I just loved conference, didn't you? Elder Holland's talk was great. I was impressed and thought of how cool it would be if I could do that. And I realized that I am. That's what I am doing here on my mission is proclaiming the truth! My new area is pretty cool. At transfer meeting we had a really powerful spiritual time there. Then I had like a 2, almost 3, hour ride to my area! But it's a fun place! The branch president is really nice here and is a great guy! I've also been trying to memorize people's families and their names, which is pretty fun i guess? There is this investigator lady named Maria with a heavy accent of Italian and she told us her son in law calls her Mama Maria. She is this really older lady who calls us her boys and she sees us and she is like, "ahh it's my boys, come in, come in!" (heavy italian accent) She even fed us Sunday night which was pretty yummy. She used to own her own Italian resturant! We also met this 90 year old man who has been a member for 5 years and has already taken 2000 names through the temple! Yes two
thousand!! Its crazy!! We also haven't even eaten a meal in our apartment yet! We
are fed for lunch and dinner all the time and some lady wanted to feed us dinner
tonight! We are given all the leftovers so our fridge is stuffed with food! Crazy! So I know I won't be going hungry! :) But also it's a great area! I have been feeling love for the people here and it's great too because the spirit tells me what is going wrong with someone. So me and my companion discuss them at night and what we feel about them and how to help them. It's great to see the Lord working through us to help the work in this area progress! Well I need to get going but i enjoyed conference a lot and thought of you guys! :) I love you guys a lot and miss you! Read your scripture and serve others!
Love, Elder Price
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment