Hey, ya I'm trying to stay warm. I got those thermals that you sent me and I have been wearing them everyday! Except today its warm, like 50 degrees! haha. My companion is playing a special musical number next week so we will see how it goes. We have a small branch building. It doesn't even have pews. I think it's like a phase 2 or 3 building. But we have about 70-80 people that come everyweek! This week was the primary program and it was really funny. There was a fly flying around up there and they kept like shoeing it and stuff. It was super funny. Then a couple of times they forgot what they were singing so they like died out then came back in. It was really funny to watch. It was also cool because they sang the same songs that we learned when I was teaching primary. So I was like, "hey I know what song they are singing!" It was pretty nifty! We are all the way in PA and so we don't have a lot of contact with other missionaries. Ya, my companion is kinda bummed that he has to drive all winter. Its pretty funny! The church is like 5 miles away from our apartment and we usually just help with the sacrament and thats about it. The Shaffers are doing good. Kaylee just had her birthday and turned 2 and is still really wild and crazy. We are still trying to get them out to church but they haven't been able to make it yet. They will soon though. We are also teaching Raffiel who is a black guy who is going to be baptized soon we think. But we are teaching him. He came to church yesterday which was good, haha, until in priesthood they started talking about being Gods and how we will be able to make worlds and things like that with celestrial marriage! haha We haven't taught him anything about that yet and it's not something you just start talking about with investigators. We also check on a lot of inactives and we are checking on members too and trying to get lots of people back to church. I also have been taking pictures of the trees incase you wanted to see what it looks like here. So some things I wrote down to tell you guys in this email is... in our apartment our bathroom doorknob falls off when ever you pull on it so sometimes its hard to get out of the bathroom. We also don't have a dryer and ya it's interesting. Also, this week we visited Elder Holland's cousin, but she is inactive. It's funny because whenever I tell people I'm from Arizona they start laughing and say haha winter is going to be sooo fun for you! Oh, our car battery died the other day because I accidently left the lights on and our black box takes a lot of juice, so it died. But good news, we are getting a new car in 2 weeks! :) It should be a 09 or 10 Malibu. So we will have a brand new car! We also saw some deer when we were out tracting in the country one time! Also, we have a less active member who looks like Larry the Cable Guy and ya its pretty funny. He lives in the country so we visit him sometimes! That's a lot of what has been going on this week. Well, I'll write again next week. Keep reading your scriptures and choosing the right! Love ya lots!
Love, Elder Price
Out Tracting in Penn
Picture taken out of car while driving in Penn
No comments:
Post a Comment