Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 26th

Hey, its been a good week this week! Well it was actually a warm week, it was in the 60's all week. But its been rainy and warmer this week. Tell Kevin thanks for the cookies he sent me. They were pretty yummy! I actually heard from Kyle last week so I do have a little communication with him. We have a Walmart right next to a Dollar Store and a Lowes and Sears across the street so we are loaded with all our home improvement needs! haha. I could really use a small dictionary and a gospel art book if anyone wants to get me anything. I got to give a talk in church on Sunday! I got called Thursday night and I gave a talk on a conference talk. It just so happens that I don't have any access to them so I used my notes! I think I did good. I had some people tell me that it was good. I talked about our trials being more precious than gold and when we are going through trials it gives us more faith and faith is a fruit of the spirit. We have more of the spirit in our lives when we are going through trials and trusting in the Lord!

Yes, Scott Shaffer came to church but his wife didn't. She actually left him Friday night so that was really sad. But she said she will come back, so we are working with him but it's just super sad. Raffiale didn't come to church but he is reading The Book of Mormon and I think that he really likes it and knows it's true. He just doesn't know that he knows yet! :) Raffiale was someone whose brother was less active and he came to church with him so now we are teaching him but his brother doesn't come anymore. Bummer. My companion was here in New Castle just 6 weeks before me so we are both pretty new to the area. It's all good because we are working hard! The black box is this annoying little black box connected to a satelite that beeps when you do things wrong like turn too sharp, speed, slow down too fast and all those things - driving with no seatbelt. It gives us marks on our record and if we get too many then they take away our driving privilege! I hear we are getting new ones next week with our car - some voice activated ones! So that should be interesting! We get the new car I think Wednesday and then I can still drive it for a few weeks before I can't anymore.

This week I actually met a wicken(witch). That was interesting. And also, this RM and his wife were coming out tracting with us and his wife is a new convert and she wanted to come and she told us she has a testimony too and would love to come teaching with us. She did it in a funny way. But we went out teaching and then we asked her a question like "how has church helped you in your life?" and she was like, "...umm well it..umm.. pass?" Haha, it was so funny. But she did a good thing on feeling the spirit. So she redeemmed herself and her husband did really good too! We also had a baptism this week! It was great. It was Francis Shon and she is 11. We have been working hard with her and I spoke at that too! So I gave a 20 min talk in church, spoke at the baptism and my companion played the piano and baptized her! We are just taking over the branch! Haha. Oh, and Tony, our really old, like 93 year old man, who takes us to a China buffet every week, left to go to Yuma for the winter. So, we don't have that anymore this week. Bummer. Oh well, we have other things to eat! I gave a workshop again on Wednesday last week so I've just been speaking everywhere! Other than that, it's been pretty normal here - well besides most of our appts flamming us(not being there), we have been doing good! Well I think that is about it. Hope you guys are doing good. Love you lots and miss you!
Love, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment