Dear family,
Wow, that's pretty cool about dad going to the Hilton's home to deliver doors! This lady, Sister Dinsio, was talking to me once and she was like, "if I let you baptize my daughter will your dad give us a discount on doors?" It was funny. We were like "ya, we will make a trade!" But anyways, so there is a lot happening this week and stuff. First my companion is getting "midnighted". Well, he is leaving today and so we drove to Youngstown and they are closing New Castle for two days until they can get me my new companion from Perrysburg. So thats crazy! Its not for a bad reason though, he is being made a zone leader out in Toledo. And I've been the District Leader of New Castle for the last few days and I'll find out if I get to keep being the District Leader tomorrow. We found this out Wednesday and it's just been crazy because we didn't know when he was leaving until Saturday night. They said, "ok on Monday we will be taking you to this spot then they will take you more of the way." Also, something really cool is that we set two baptism dates. One with this lady, Kathy, we found. And then this really awesome golden investigator that was a referral. She has read the Book of Mormon, D&C, POGP and wants to be baptized. We met her on Sunday and set a date in that visit. She came out to the Christmas dinner we were having and met lots of people. She is just really excited now! So it's been a really crazy busy week! Also, this week it was freezing cold! It was in the 20's and we went out tracting! Woo hoo; haha it was so cold! And then Sunday morning there was ice on our car and my companion went to scrape it off with the scraper and I pulled out a credit card like I have seen dad do and scraped it off better and faster. And I was like, "ya, an Arizona boy just out did a Utah boy at scraping ice off a window!" Oh, and also there was a day we went and got slurpees at 7-11 and it was 37 degrees outside and we were just having a good old time! But ya, those are some crazy things that have been happening this week! I think I will probably be staying here for Christmas because they won't transfer me when my new companion has only been here for 3 weeks. Was dad ever a district leader or anything like that on his mission? Yes, the members will take care of me for Christmas. I think they really like me and we already have a few families that want us over on Christmas so we will have a good day I think! But it won't be the same not being home. The weather here is getting colder it was snowing when we left to come to Youngstown today and it was a little snow flurying when we were tracting once. New Castle has been taking off and a lot of good things are happening here. We might set another date on Wednesday night but we aren't sure how that will work out yet. Well take care and love you so much and miss ya!
Love, Elder Price
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment