Dear Family,
So this week was pretty good I would say! Well, for the most part! For now, we are a biking area! On Friday, we biked about 15 miles and on Saturday it was about 20 miles! Saturday night as we were riding back the 6 or 7 miles to our apartment it started raining. Well, actually pouring on us and by the time we got home we were just soaked all the way through!! It was funny too because I was telling my companion that we are just getting a lot of blessings right now! And when we got home I had a letter and he had the package of brownies from him mom! I thought that was pretty cool! A funny story is...while we were at dinner they were bbq-ing and one of their daughters was outside by our bikes and she is maybe 12 (I think?) and Elder O'Neil has an air-jell seat on his bike and she was pushing it and laughed and was like "it's so squishy it's like popping a zit!" It was really funny! We all started laughing! This week on Monday we went out tracting for awhile and we found someone cool. His name is Victor and he is from Romania and we taught him and went back and taught him some more so. This week we are going to stop by and see if he is still interested in learning more about our church and stuff because he is really set in his ways! But it was cool because he was the first house we knocked on on that street! On Tuesday we had a really good zone conference (oops, just kidding, that's on Wednesday) but we still had a great time and learned a lot of good things. Afterwards our zone went and helped out with some service around Youngstown and then when we were down we went to Quaker Steak and Lube for a dinner zone party and had a lot of good food! We just had lots of fun and it was a great day! On Saturday we were so sore from biking all over the place and going to our dinner appt. and then it rained on us and the streets were flooded and we were super wet!! But it was fun! Sunday was fun though because we had to get up at 5:30 to get ready to be to the church at 7 for our meeting! It takes about 30 mins to get to the church on a bike! That was a rough bike ride but I was blessed because I got a flat tire but it wasn't flat until I was like 50 feet from the church. It held out long enought that I could make it to church! And then the member we had lunch/dinner with had a bike rack so he gave us a ride home! At church there was this less-active member that came with her future daughter-in-law and she wants to take the lessons and learn more and be a member and stuff. So the Lord blessed our hard week of work by giving us an investigator! We also had our other investigator, Lori, who called us yesterday and said she was back in town and wanted to take the lessons. She also wanted to come to church and we told her how to get there but she never came. :( Oh well, maybe next week! Next week is stake conference so I'll see everyone from New Castle!:) So it will be fun!
Hey, what's wrong with me liking to cook? (haha) My companion made the best cinnamon rolls the other day and I watched so now I can make them too! :) They were so good you didn't even need to have frosting! My favorite scripture from this week would be Alma 7:11-13. I hope all is well and that you guys are doing good in school and things! Thank you so much for all you do and all your prayers! Love you guys and miss you!
Love, Elder Price
P.S. I found out that Sis Prince who came out with me and went home early because she was sick, is now engaged! Funny! Also we have 1 baptismal date and by the end of the week we should have 3 maybe 4! :) oh and we tracted about 13 1/2 hours this week.
So this week was pretty good I would say! Well, for the most part! For now, we are a biking area! On Friday, we biked about 15 miles and on Saturday it was about 20 miles! Saturday night as we were riding back the 6 or 7 miles to our apartment it started raining. Well, actually pouring on us and by the time we got home we were just soaked all the way through!! It was funny too because I was telling my companion that we are just getting a lot of blessings right now! And when we got home I had a letter and he had the package of brownies from him mom! I thought that was pretty cool! A funny story is...while we were at dinner they were bbq-ing and one of their daughters was outside by our bikes and she is maybe 12 (I think?) and Elder O'Neil has an air-jell seat on his bike and she was pushing it and laughed and was like "it's so squishy it's like popping a zit!" It was really funny! We all started laughing! This week on Monday we went out tracting for awhile and we found someone cool. His name is Victor and he is from Romania and we taught him and went back and taught him some more so. This week we are going to stop by and see if he is still interested in learning more about our church and stuff because he is really set in his ways! But it was cool because he was the first house we knocked on on that street! On Tuesday we had a really good zone conference (oops, just kidding, that's on Wednesday) but we still had a great time and learned a lot of good things. Afterwards our zone went and helped out with some service around Youngstown and then when we were down we went to Quaker Steak and Lube for a dinner zone party and had a lot of good food! We just had lots of fun and it was a great day! On Saturday we were so sore from biking all over the place and going to our dinner appt. and then it rained on us and the streets were flooded and we were super wet!! But it was fun! Sunday was fun though because we had to get up at 5:30 to get ready to be to the church at 7 for our meeting! It takes about 30 mins to get to the church on a bike! That was a rough bike ride but I was blessed because I got a flat tire but it wasn't flat until I was like 50 feet from the church. It held out long enought that I could make it to church! And then the member we had lunch/dinner with had a bike rack so he gave us a ride home! At church there was this less-active member that came with her future daughter-in-law and she wants to take the lessons and learn more and be a member and stuff. So the Lord blessed our hard week of work by giving us an investigator! We also had our other investigator, Lori, who called us yesterday and said she was back in town and wanted to take the lessons. She also wanted to come to church and we told her how to get there but she never came. :( Oh well, maybe next week! Next week is stake conference so I'll see everyone from New Castle!:) So it will be fun!
Hey, what's wrong with me liking to cook? (haha) My companion made the best cinnamon rolls the other day and I watched so now I can make them too! :) They were so good you didn't even need to have frosting! My favorite scripture from this week would be Alma 7:11-13. I hope all is well and that you guys are doing good in school and things! Thank you so much for all you do and all your prayers! Love you guys and miss you!
Love, Elder Price
P.S. I found out that Sis Prince who came out with me and went home early because she was sick, is now engaged! Funny! Also we have 1 baptismal date and by the end of the week we should have 3 maybe 4! :) oh and we tracted about 13 1/2 hours this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment