Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010

Dear Family,
We had a good week! We had some wonderful lessons with the VanVleets. We will be going to Kirtland with them and the Welch's on Saturday, so that should be really fun! Yes, transfers did seem to come fast but I'm not going anywhere this time. Both missionaries in Ashtabula are leaving: Elder Murray is getting transferred and Elder Love is all done with his mission. We had district meeting yesterday and he shared his testimony with us of how he just loved his mission so much and he said it just goes by so fast! Anyways, we also met with Chatona last night and told her that she and her boyfriend either need to get married or someone needs to move out. She was like "hold on" and runs upstairs and we hear her say "downstairs now!!" And he came down and we explained how she couldn't get baptized until they get married. He didn't really do anything but then says "ok". She told us that they are really just waiting on him for the wedding, so maybe we gave him a little motivation to get going. She is going to push a little harder for it!
But they also all came to church and it was testimony meeting. Jessica VanVleet was crying through the whole thing. I think she really enjoyed it! We are all excited to go to Kirtland on Saturday!
That's great news about Tanner and Mason! I didn't know about their baptism but congratulations to them! Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa and their mission call! I bet they are going to have lots of fun! That is pretty neat that dad remembers the Welch's; it's so funny how such a small world we live in. Well, especially in the church! You always seem to meet someone somewhere who knows someone in your family somehow! We went over to Victor's the other day and we were riding our bikes and we saw some ladies at his house so we rode around the block and came back. He said they were J.W.'s and he was like "I really don't like them, they don't belive how I believe!" And then he takes us in his house and shows us his basement! It's crazy. He built it himself and he has a full basement with a kitchen and then two rooms for food storage and a freezer full of things that he grew from his garden! We were like "Victor, why aren't you a mormon yet?!" It was pretty funny; he even has a woodstove downstairs to heat his house in the winter! We are going to try and get him some conference talks in Romanian so he can either read or listen to them so maybe that is going to help us out a little. He already said when his church doesn't meet he is going to come to ours! We just need to get him to come more and that!
Well, we did have an interesting tracting story! We tracted into some born again christian's bible study... ya that was fun. We finally were able to leave after about 45 mins. By the time we left, Elder Hollingsworth was really heated. It was kinda funny but still some people just are so confused! Then we also met this guy Mr. Jones, who we think is a drug dealer, and we were riding our bikes and he stopped us and said "hey, I'll talk to you" and so we taught him a little bit and he took a Book of Mormon and then told us we should go to the prison and teach the people there! Haha, ya maybe? It always seems that the black people are the ones who are humble and want to talk about God and everyone else for the most part doesn't want to. Well at least those two days we were tracting! Also, there was this one house where there was a dog at the door and so my companion looks at me and says "its all yours" (he doesn't like dogs). So I went up and the dog come running out and I pet him a little and talk to him and then I walk up to the door and knock on it. Elder Hollingsworth starts to come up to the door too and the dog like runs over to him and starts barking at him. So Elder Hollingsworth stands just out of reach of his leash while I talk to the person at the door! It was really funny because the dog would let me pet him and talk to him and go to the door but he wouldn't let Elder Hollingsworth do anything!
So yes, I am staying in Warren and I'm kinda glad because I want to be here for the VanVleets baptism, but I'll probably be leaving next transfer which is the day before Thanksgiving! Yes, there is a lot of things you have to pass off when you train a new missionary but sometimes you leave after 6 weeks. That's what happened to me, but I guess we still have things we need to work on. Training is really fun! Sometimes things are good, sometimes they are bad, but it's still fun, really hard sometimes but still fun! Another funny story is that a few days ago Elder Murray (who I came out with) calls me up and says "259 days!" and I was like "what?" and he said "259 days, I just counted. It's when we go home!" Haha, he is so ready to go home and he still has so long left! It's pretty funny!
We did meet a buddist when we were tracting. Also, some members gave us this two year old new york style cheese he said it was supposed to be really good and was expensive, but it wasn't really that good. Hope you guys have a great week! Love you guys and miss you!
Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment