Monday, October 4, 2010

Oct 4, 2010

Dear Family,
Yes, things are really picking up and going well! We actually committed the VanVleet Family to baptism on Thursday night and they accepted! So that was really neat! Their family is Dana, the Dad who is the only member, and then Jessica, the Mom, Baily(14), McKenzie (13?), and then Chandler(11?), Mason(8) and Noah(6). They are all boys but McKenzie. Something really cool that I found out is that Bro. Welch (the family that I was telling you about last week) is from Lovell. He knows my family and said he went to school a little with dad. I think he is a little bit older, but his name is Jeff. He lives in Cortland, Ohio right now. That is something that is pretty cool; it really is a pretty small world! But anyways, the VanVleet family is doing really well and is really receptive. They even came and watched conference with us on Sunday morning! By the way, conference was really good, I really liked it! Overall, we had a really good week. Chatona has gotten her answer about the Book of Mormon so things are going really well with her too! We can really see all the blessings that are coming with our hard work the last few weeks! While tracting this week we met this really funny army guy. Elder Hollingsworth was trying to say "important" and started to struggle on it and the guy was like "get it together! come on we can make it through this, we'll do it together!" It made us laugh and then when we asked if we could teach him he said "umm that's a negative; we are all good here!" He was pretty funny! Then a member we were meeting with yesterday told us a funny story. He said him and his wife were riding their bikes down the bike trail and they passed by a woman with a bunch of kids and the member's wife heard the lady say real quietly "I want one of those"(she has a very nice expensive bike) and they went down a little farther and the wife turned to the member and said "I think she liked my bike" and the member looked at her and said "oh I thought she was talking about your husband!" It was really funny when he told it. We even had Victor come to conference and he said it was "beautiful" and he loved it so much! I agree, it seemed really good this time! We have been trying to get back in contact with Lori but we haven't been able to yet.
The leaves here are starting to change and its beginning to get really cold! It's also supposed to rain all week and be in the 50's. We had to turn our furnace on the other day because it was a little chilly when we woke up! Oh, I forgot the VanVleets have 6 dogs too and one is a 85 lb bulldog! It's such a nice dog! They nicknamed it the rott killer because it's really protective of the dad. One day he was outside and 2 rottweilers ran up and started attacking him and his small little dog ran out and took them out. I think I'm making friends on my mission with crazy scary dogs! The Sulsers had a rottweiler roxy who we were friends and then the VanVleets have their bulldog buffy. This guy named Gary has a pit bull bubba and we all get along fine! I don't know why everyone is so scared of dogs!
Transfers are coming up next week. I have no idea what is going to happen. Sometimes I think I'll stay and sometimes I think I'll leave? I don't really know. Oh, and we also started teaching this man named George that is a friend of a member that wants to learn more! We have lots of people we are teaching now! We have 5 baptismal dates, so we are just on a roll! Love you guys a lot and hope everything goes well and everyone has a great week! :)
Love, Elder Price


Here are some pictures Brandon sent from the last few weeks.



Elder Hogan

Elder Sanchez

Elder Hollingsworth

Elder O'Neill


Elders Hollingsworth, Price, Heyland, Rangel


our jeopardy group


we made a pit stop in new york (haha)




Elders Price & Decker


Elders Parker, Leake, Price


a funny sign

No comments:

Post a Comment