Dear Family,
We had an exciting week last week and this week was pretty exciting as well! We had ward conference on Sunday and then had the confirmations. I was able to do 4 of them and then the bishop did the mom so that was a really neat fun experience! Oh, and Dana didn't do the baptizing because he has really bad knees and is overweight and he said he didn't think he would be able to bend over to baptize them so we did it. This week we did a lot of service! We did a lot of leaf raking and cleaning gutters. We helped the Van Vleets paint a hallway and then also we are helping them put in their fence in their backyard so their dogs can run around and not be in the house all the time! Then we also helped someone pach a hole in their roof. That was pretty fun except the hole they cut wasn't square so there was a lot of cutting and stuff to get it to fit in just right! We also had exchanges this week and I went up to Ashtabula with Elder Thorton and he fell asleep in one of our lessons we were doing! It was really funny! It also seems like everyone is getting sick too because people will call and cancel because they are sick and that's never fun! Oh and I popped my tire again because I was trying to bunny hop pot holes and I just didn't jump far enough one time! :) Haha, so I had to go get another tube!
Anyways, so George came to church again and had a great time and we had a really good lesson with him this week and tried to commit him to baptism but he says he isn't ready yet. But Shane and his mom said they will get baptized. We just need to set a date with them! :) We taught them the plan of salvation and they seemed to really like it! And then we found this other lady, Elizabeth, the one we gave the Book of Mormon to, and we taught her the restoration. She really enjoyed it and was eating it all up. But somehow we miscomunicated our appointment last time so now we need to get back in contact with her and get another one set up!
During Sunday School we had a lesson on keeping the Sabbath day holy. I just wanted to point out that writing a letter to a missionary is something you can do to keep it holy! :) I think it's going to be a crazy week this week and next but then things should get better! Well love you guys and hope you are having fun and reading your scriptures every night! Love you guys!!
Love, Elder Price
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment