Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hey family!
This week has been really fun! But first things first, I'm getting transferred! So that's fun and exciting except that I have to pack everything up now. The weather here has been good, we haven't had any snow yet and we have actually been having a really warm week this week. As for service, we just helped people with Christmas lights and stuff. We helped this lady Maria and she made us dinner and then 10 mins later we showed up at a member's house for dinner and we had the same thing! What are the odds of that? Anyways, things have been really good here and time is flying by really fast! Oh, and we got new phones too and now we have texting! It's really sweet. It makes things so much easier sometimes! Oh, and the other day we met this guy who was a football coach in Nevada and he knew of Mountain View and said "ya, they smoked us every year they are so good!" Haha, so someone out in Warren knew about my high school, it was pretty neat! So people we are teaching...George Adams is going great and he has a baptism date for Jan 23. And Shane has one for Dec 19th and his mom will soon. We heard that she knows it's true, but is scared of how to approach her husband. We have this new investigator, Stephanie, that we taught and she seems like she is really excited and wants to just learn more and more! We also had zone conference this week and it was really fun. Things have been going good here! We had to give the lesson in elders quorum on service. We have been doing a lot with the Van Vleets, helping them out and stuff. They were really sad that I'm leaving!
For scriptures this week, we have used Mosiah 18:8-9 and talked about how when we are baptised we commit to serve others and help others out. Also Chapter 31 and 33 of 2 Nephi are great ones! I don't know what I am doing for thanksgiving. If I was staying here we were going to go to the Chinchics for dinner and the Van Vleets and then stop by George's. But I probably won't find out till tomorrow night what I'm doing, so I hope it is good. I'm leaving so much food behind! The members have just been feeding us so much and giving us leftovers and we are always eating!! This is my only area so far that I have been gaining weight, and I don't like it! We sit in appointments all day and then eat all day. So part of me wants to go to a walking area, so I can get rid of some weight. But I don't want to do that in the winter! brr!
It's great to be thankful for so much and have such gratitude in our hearts especially when we pray! I'm so thankful for all those things too. One thing to add to our little list is I'm thankful for a testimony and my wonderful family back home! Well I hope you guys have a wonderful week and don't eat to much turkey! Well love you and hope you guys have a great time!
Love, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment