Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011 - Happy Birthday, Brandon!

Dear Family,
Thank you for the b-day wishes! We are going to be going and having a zone p-day and playing football. I don't know what happened last week because I didn't get any emails but when I got on today I had both the emails you sent me. It was weird. I told Brittany some things going on hoping so she would pass them on, but she is probably just so focused on graduating and turning 18 that she forgot. [Yes, that is what happened. Sorry everyone.] So the first news is I'm not being transferred. Things are going good here in Cleveland. I went on exchanges with Elder Farmer, which was an amazing spirit-filled exchange! It seemed like everywhere we went the Lord played some roll in making sure we were there at a certain time and it just happened to be the best time! We went to this one investigator's house in Lakewood, and he told us that he just feels ready and wants to be baptised. When we asked when, he was like "umm not this week because my wife works, but how about next week?" So he will be baptised during sessions of conference! That was neat and then that morning we had to wake up at 5 so we could go teach early morning seminary! That went well and we got doughnuts so it was worth it! It was just a great exchange -- being able to teach all those people! On Saturday we had the baptism of Alan Phillips. He had some of his wife's family come in from Perrysburg Ohio and he baptised him! It was a great experience and things were just very spirit filled! He was so happy and his wife was crying. It's wonderful to be able to help families change like that and see how the gospel changes people!

So here in Cleveland the weather is still cold in the 30's and isn't really getting warmer till next week; it's not too fun. :( The Mulhollands are doing great, other than what happened to them. On Thursday while both the parents were gone and Brooke was babysitting and while she was downstairs cleaning, the 2 year old Brendan was climbing up on the tv to get the remote and the tv fell on him. This tv is a very large old one, like 70 lbs. We went to the hospital and gave him a blessing and everything is fine. He did break his leg...it snapped all the way through and then also from the weight of the tv it bent his bone and they had to bend it back. They were a little shaken up by that, but things are going better with them now! That same day we were thrown out of someone's house and told never to come back. But we talked to him at church and worked things out. He was just having a horrible day and stressed out beyond belief and he just happened to snap when we were over. And we had like 3 people try to bash with us and tell us what we believe. Then there was a crazy lady on the bus that told us if we weren't David's true color we would die on Monday and a million people every min were going to die. And she was going to fast so that Jesus would make her the second ruler in the world. It was super funny. Everyone on the bus was laughing at her! Just crazy Cleveland people!

Things are going good. I got the package and opened it this morning. It just made me laugh, but I really appreciate it, thank you so much! On Sunday we were able to attend the 175th anniversary of the dedication of the Kirtland temple! Because I was on exchanges with Elder Farmer I was able to get the tickets to be inside the temple and not at the visitor center! It was a very amazing spiritual experience! Someone from the Seventy came to speak and President Sorensen, as well as Carl Anderson, and the stake president of Kirtland and the temple president of the Columbus temple (they had someone to represent the keys restored there!) Oh and did you know that along with Elias who appeared, that also Noah did? I didn't know that. I thought that was pretty cool! We sang the spirit of God at the end and that was a very spirit filled song! I like the way that they explained it and said it was like when the temple was dedicated and people recorded that it was as if angels were singing with the choir, it was just great! :)

Love you and hope everything goes well! :)
Love, Elder Price

No comments:

Post a Comment