Monday, April 4, 2011
April 4, 2011
Dear Family, I'm staying here in Cleveland and I'm still with Elder Stephenson. My birthday was pretty fun, we went over to the Mulhollands for dinner and they did a surprise birthday thing. We had cake, ice cream, and they sang and I blew out candles and they put the number 82 on it and told me I was really old! (haha) It was pretty fun! Yes, the exchange with Elder Farmer was really good! I think I might have confused you a little bit. Elder Farmer is the zone leader and the zone leader had the tickets to the Kirtland temple and the vistor center because there wasn't enough for us all to go to the temple. Since I was with him for exchanges when he got the tickets I was able to get first pick and get the temple tickets before he went and gave them to everyone else! We got lucky and were able to be inside the temple! The guy that was supposed to get baptised ended up not; his wife wants him to wait a little longer first. And Brother Mulholland's date is now on the 14th of May; he is still working on overcoming his smoking. Our weather has been pretty crazy! Right now its about 60 degrees and it feels so good and warm outside but its pouring rain! On Wednesday it snowed on us! I hope spring comes soon! I enjoyed conference, it was really good! It was funny because on Saturday we went to the Mulhollands to watch it and our ride over there was a little late so we missed the first 10 mins. After the Mulhollands, we took the bus to church which takes about 1 1/2 hours by the time we got there. Then the church was locked and the missionaries had to stop and get gas so we were a little late to that session too! But we were on time to everything else! I really enjoyed the priesthood session of conference and the Sunday afternoon! It seems like this conference was a lot about marriage and family and making it work and to go get married. President Monson really seems to tell all the men to stop hanging out and get married! The Mulholland's boy is doing better. He got his cast on and its bright green! Brooke was a little shaken up by it, but I think everyone is doing good now! I think they might have enjoyed conference but most of them were kinda like this is boring. I'm sure they will learn to love it! Well crazy things for this week...our toliet broke and its one of those ones that doesn't have a tank, it just shoots a ton of water in it to flush it. Well it stuck on so all night its been flushing. We called the people and they were just like "uh sorry, we can't do anything about that. You will have to wait till tomorrow." And we called Sis Birkeland who deals with that stuff and she said that there would be someone to fix it at 8:30 this morning. We left at 9:45 and still no one has come yet, so that's a kinda funny thing! But most of this week was filled with conference! We were calling a bunch of less active people and we had one that was like ya sure come over and do you like food, I'll feed you! So we got a dinner and also a lesson and we are going to start teaching him and his non member wife. So hopefully things go well there! Love you guys and hope you have a great week! Love, Elder Price
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment