Dear Family,
There was a lot of bad weather this week. We were actually at the Mulhollands when the power went out. They all ran and got candles and stuff. Only Cleveland Power went out and the other company didn't, so the street lights were still on when we walked home! And then when we got home the power was back on, so it wasn't to bad. It just rained a lot. There isn't to much damage here, I think. We haven't seen any really. Well, the Mulhollands haven't moved yet. They think possibly towards June 1st. Parma Heights is still in the same ward but it will be in a different missionaries' area. We helped Rick Burgess move on Monday and Tuesday. On Sunday, Brother Branch blessed his baby and then shared his testimony. He said that he knew he needed help and the best people he knew were the West Cleveland missionaries, Elder Price and Elder Stephenson, and that we were the most spirit filled missionaries he ever met, and that he knows the Lord was there for him when he needed him. It was really cool and then he came up to us in the hall and gave us a huge hug and was just like "thank you elders, thank you so much!" It really made me feel special! :)
Most likely I will be leaving at transfers and going to an new area for my last transfer, which I think would be really fun and I'm hoping for! The exchanges with Elder Farmer went great; we had a wonderful time! We were only able to give 8 lessons this week because for some reason everyone seems to not be able to meet with us. It seems no one is at home or they cancel. So this week we went around and tried to contact referrals all throughout our area! A funny story...there was this drunk guy that we met at a bus stop and we were talking to him and gave him a card. Then he got on the bus with us and we sat in the back and then he asked for a card and then started handing them out to everyone on the bus! He told us that we need to spread the word and it's good, so he was giving out cards and asking for more and then would see a new person get on and say "hey, he needs the word too. Can I have another card!" So then he gave them out! It was really funny; it made us laugh!
We were able to get Rick Burgess to come to church this week, so he is really starting to come around, I think. We just need to get him to quit smoking! This week I'm going on exchanges with Elder Labar in the Spanish area, so I'll have to brush up on my Spanish! I'm crossing my fingers that people don't cancel on us again. The Casses cancelled because their grandmother was in the hospital. We gave her a blessing but they were there all week so we couldn't meet with them. The Mulhollands have been really sick so they didn't want us to come over. Curtis had piano lessons that he had to make up so the only day he was free he had to cancel! So it was kinda just a slow week. But transfers are soon so things should be getting really interesting to see who leaves, who goes, and all that stuff. Then Mother's Day is soon, so that will be fun too! I need to get going but thank you so much for all you do and I hope everyone has a great mother's day! Love you and keep being great! Happy Mother's day to everyone! Love you!
Elder Price
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment