Dear Family,
Well, I would have enjoyed the spring weather but there was really only 2 days of it and the rest of the time was really rainy and cold and wet and all other things that come with the rain! The other day we had to go to a missionary fireside for the youth and help them role play and things. We needed to walk to the other missionaries' apartment so we could get a ride. We walked in our suits because we needed to have our jackets for the meeting and as we walked by this sign it said 89 degrees; we were sweating so bad! Then the A/C didn't work in the room we were at so it was really hot. But President Sorensen was able to get it working and it cooled down a little bit so it was nice! But it was a really good spiritual fireside! I think it was like our mission prep classes but it was for every youth 16 and up. They talked about how everyone should serve missions - the young men are commanded to and we shouldn't wonder if it's for me or if I should go because the prophet already answered that and said we should. Then for the young women - they are not required to but it would still be good if they went because sister missionaries are the best!
So this week we were able to meet with the Burgesses a lot. He is doing really good at quitting smoking - he has gone a few days with not smoking at all and then some days he just does like one or two. When he quits then he will be able to get baptised! Brother Mulholland has been super busy with work and moving that we really haven't been able to meet with him. But he wants to get baptised he just needs to quit smoking and he thinks he is too busy right now! But Carolyn came to church this week! It was great to see her there. We think it's only a matter of time that she will want to be baptised too! Brooke is being called to be the second counselor in the Mia Maid presidency so that is really neat for her!
We had a neat experience on Wednesday; we were walking down the street and Elder Stephenson wanted to stop and get some lunch. I wanted to go back to the apartment to eat and he kept insisting so I said I had a few Mcdonalds dollars left so we stopped at McDonalds. As we were looking at the menu this lady comes running up to us and was like "elders!! Can I buy you lunch!" We were like "uhh ya sure, if you want to!" So she bought us lunch and turns out she is a member from Texas and her and her husband were up visting some famlily in Parma and went to Niagra Falls and such. They had seen us walking down the street and wanted to buy us lunch! Talk about a really neat blessing! I've never really had someone just show up and say can I buy you lunch! It was great!
We met with this really neat guy named Irving and his sister, Joyce, and we were teaching him. He just wants to change his life around and his sister is searching for truth and she is going to Columbus with 12 friends looking for a church down there someone told her was the true one. We booked her for next Sunday though. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and they both seemed like "wow" and when we had them pray about it before we left. They both said prayers asking if it was true. She told us "I really need to know if this is true!" She also has 65 friends in the area that they all go looking for churches together, so there is a lot of potential there! The only thing is they speak both English and Spanish, so we gave them to the Spanish missionaries so that they could teach them and help build up the branch! Also, with all the students moving out we helped a lot of people move! The good thing though is the day we helped them move was one of the good warm days!
I'll have to ask the Mulhollands if they have any LDS pioneer heritage. That would be cool if they did! Well, I hope everyone has a great week and fun things with graduation and all that comes with it! Love you guys and remember to read! :)
Love, Elder Price
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment