Dear family,
I'm doing pretty good. We are having transfers this week but me and my companion are staying in PA, which I decided is a funny state! Everything is so expensive. The milk is like $3.50! It didn't rain this week as much as it normally has, but its been a little warmer the last two days, we got to take off our jackets!
So this week in PA we gave a lot of service and stuff and worked hard. Brother Shaffer's wife is coming back this weekend which is good news. We had a family, the Sherdians, at church which was really good. Only the parents came because the she thought that their kids would be loud and noisy, but mabye next week! I also gave my first prayer in a sacrament meeting. So, some cool stories that happened this week...on Sunday a guy called some churches (like 20 of them) from the phone book and ours was the only one that answered and so we went over and met with him and he now has a baptism date. On Monday, we got a call from a former investigator who says he wants to get baptized and then we found a family that also was wants to know more about Christ and his church because they don't belieive theirs is it. It was really sweet! We are also getting a lot of less active members out to church too. Hopefully we can light a fire in the area this transfer and get it rolling! Did I mention that people here say yins a lot? Its pretty funny. Oh and something that Riley might like is we are working with a less active guy who is "blaise", who is supposed to have been like the number one skateboarder here in PA when he was younger. So that was pretty cool! Well I need to get going but hopefully you guys are doing good! love and miss you lots!
Love, Elder Price
P.S. That is super sad about the guy in Tiffin, his name is Richie. I know him, I helped teach him and we hung out with him when we went to Tiffin for p-days.
(note: Richie was an investigator that was baptised and was found murdered last week. His mother is having a rough time and the missionaries and mission president are trying to comfort her and teach her about the plan of salvation. I heard about this earlier in the week from the missionary mom's email group. Elder Lambson's mom had shared this news and wanted everyone to pray for this mom.)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment