Dear Family,
It's been a busy day today. I took a nap though and it was really fun! That's cool about you planting winter grass. The grass here is just starting to die and everything is turning brown and dead. But it hasn't snowed yet. It actually has been really nice weather this week. We got to take our suit coats off on one day this week. There are so many leaves here. We get to help people rake them. We went and did some raking for 2 hours and filled 13 bags of leaves and weren't even half done! So we are turning our teaching around and working with more less active people right now. Our investigators right now are: Sam, who is so solid. He is even paying fast offerings but he can't get baptized yet because he is waiting on some court stuff. We also have Raffiel, who is moving to Kentucky tomorrow, and then we have Delaney, who we are starting to teach. Both her parents are members and she isn't. Then we have some less actives, Brother Shaffer whose wife came back last week and that's good because we need more priesthood holders in our branch. Well just men in general. I get young women that come up to me and tell me I need to go find some men for them in the branch! Its really funny. Also we have the Sheridans, who we don't know what's going to happen with them. We are going to try to get them interested in the church and baptize them, but they are kinda shaky. We also had some random guy show up at church. He said he has driven by lots of times and just wanted to check it out. So we are going to meet with him sometime this week. We really changed all of our plans around so we are going to have to wait till next week to find out how it goes. Some funny things that happened is we had some j.w.'s tract into us and then didn't want to talk to us. Weird, huh? Also, we have to take our garbage to the church to get rid of it because we don't have garbage services. If you want the city to pick up your garbage you have to buy a $2.50 blue bag. Ya, it adds up quick. Its weird! So we had a talent show and we did a piece in it. We did "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" and then raced each other on it. I won! But now the primary wants to race me. So I'm going to practice. We also got into a big bash with some guy and he was just not letting us talk and we were bearing testimony to him and he was like you don't believe that. And we were like uh, ya we do. Then he said Joseph Smith was fake and had fake prophecies and we were like well what's one? And he couldn't think of any and it was just funny he couldn't prove the church wrong and was really confused. Oh and the other day I called the branch president's wife to tell her about the talent show and what we were going to do. (We sang "I Know My Redeemer Lives" too) and they have this little girl Kate who is really shy and never talks to me. She answered the phone and was just like talking up a storm. I told her parents that when we went over for dinner and she was standing there and was like I'll talk to you more! So now she talks to me all the time. Haha. Also we helped teach the Sunday School class of teenagers. Ya, they made fun of me the whole time because the mission office sent me a medical card and they sent me the wrong one. They sent me Amanda Prince's card! They are always getting us mixed up. Everyone does. Its kinda funny actually. We are always getting called the wrong name! But then the mission office sent me her card. And I was like uhh... and called them and said I'm definitely not Amanda. But we told that story and now everyone laughs at me. I hope that everyone is good and having fun. Love you lots and miss you.
Elder Price
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment