Dear family,
Brrrrrrrrrrr!!! I don't think it has been over 30 degrees in weeks!! We walk everywhere; my thermals are keeping me warm and I have some handwarmers and the boot covers work amazing! I think it is even snowing outside right now. We do a lot of walking outside and trying to go from place to place. We don't ride our bikes in the snow, so I'm starting to get used to this cold!
Our week was pretty interesting. We almost got attacked by a dog! It was running down the street after us and we turned around to see it and my companion put up his fists like he was going to fight it. Then I yelled at it and told it to go home and it just stopped, looked at us, and then started to walk home. But then, another guy was walking down the street and he actually had to fight it off. It kept trying to get him! On the walk home, we laughed about how funny we were with our yelling and fighting pose, but at least the dog didn't get us so we were good! We walked by a house that had a bunch of gun holes in the door!
We found a family of 11 that the mom is less active and we are going to try to work with them. We were finally able to confirm Joniece Loya on Sunday. She is a flight attendant so she flies around a lot! Other than that, most of our contacts are out of town and they rescheduled for after the holidays!
On Christmas morning we have breakfast with the Hammon family and then we are going to have an all day p-day at President's house with the Cleveland zone. Then later that night we are going to be going to another member's house for dinner. Then we will be going home and making phone calls! At church, the relief society gave us some Christmas stockings with some gifts and stuff. I got packages from grandma and grandpa Price and Wright and then from home as well!
My companion is pretty cool. He is still pretty new so he doesn't know a lot but we are learning! I can say maybe 20 words in Hmong. We can carry on a conversation on the Rapid (the train). It's fun to learn new things. He says I am doing really well at it too! The Kirtland temple is 3 dollars a person to get in and they have tours every half hour and the stairs are kinda steep! But it's cool! I have some cool pictures of it in the snow too! Have a great week. Love you all and Merry Christmas!!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment